52 Limited is a digital staffing agency with an industry-leading focus on the creative + technology space. We exclusively place tech and creative talent in direct-hire, contract-to-hire, and contract roles with our clients in Portland, Seattle, Austin, and San Francisco.
We are looking for a Junior Digital Designer for a part time contract-to-hire role with a client in Portland, Oregon.
As a Junior Digital Designer, you’ll be challenged with a wide variety of digital design projects in a fast-paced creative agency environment. You’ll design holistically across web, digital signage, and even print. Projects will range from asset creation to collaborating with the creative team to create custom interactive and non-interactive digital experiences for screens of all sizes. You’ll contribute to the success of our team through superb attention to detail, proactive communication, fearless collaboration, and a relentless work ethic.
This position will start as a part-time position at 5-10 hours per week, with the potential to increase and move to full-time as business needs continue to expand.
● Review creative briefs to understand design requirements
● Create designs for screen experiences such as websites (desktop and mobile), apps, and digital signage
● Produce functional prototypes for interactive experiences
● Prepare and present drafts for design review and critique
● Revise designs based on feedback received
● Work with the Creative Director and team to produce final designs within the deadlines and milestones established by the Project Manager
● Ensure all final designs are polished and on-brand
Other duties as assigned Required Skills/Abilities:
● A strong portfolio of digital designs and graphics
● A keen eye for modern design aesthetics and details
● Ability to work methodically within a process and meet deadlines
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
● Ability to prioritize tasks in accordance with project requirements
● Ability to function well individually as well as part of a team in a high-paced and often dynamic environment
● Proficient with design software such as Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe XD, Sketch, etc.
● Proficient with Google Suite (Gmail, GCal, Google Docs, etc.) Education and
● Proven experience (1-2 years) in a professional digital design role