52 Limited is a digital staffing agency with an industry-leading focus on the creative + technology space. We exclusively place tech and creative talent in direct-hire, contract-to-hire, and contract roles with our clients in Portland, Seattle, Austin and San Francisco.
We are looking for an Art Director for a client based in Austin, Texas. Ideally the candidate will live in Austin or Portland, Oregon but can be remote (candidates must live in Oregon, Washington, Texas or California or be willing to relocate to be considered).
• In partnership with fellow senior creative team members, plan and execute consistent visual concept across multiple deliverables tailored for print, online and other applications
• Partners with marketing account managers, art directors, copywriters and creative director to implement client marketing strategies
• Participates in meetings, including creative brief kickoff meetings and debrief sessions
• Works with creative leads to finesse creative briefs
• Mentor less experienced graphic designers
• Ensure that output meets agency standards
• Reviews and edits work for consistency, conceptual integrity, client standards and creative quality
• Collaborates with marketing account managers and proposal teams in development of engaging and strategic presentations
• Recommend design standards with brand guidelines, client preferences
• Identify best practices and provide feedback on accuracy and quality of deliverables
• In partnership with MAMs and fellow senior creative team develop high-level, strategic creative concepts
• Follows brand style guides for a variety of clients to ensure consistent messaging and adherence to client values
• Monitors industry developments, client preference and the technological and cultural nuances of our industry and recommends changes to process and/or technology
• Strong Production skills; complete understanding of the Mac platform and technical expertise with InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
• Understanding and ability to execute within file building best practices
• Balance of excellent typography skills, an understanding of photography, illustration, and web/print process
• Solid understanding of image formats (EPS, TIF, GIF, JPEG, PDF)
• Strong technical skills in large format printing, web/sheet fed/direct mail/pre-press, retouching, 4c printing, digital file preparation, 4-color print and production processes, and pre-press delivery formats
• Understanding of digital/web space, and Photoshop tools related to slicing and producing webready graphics
• Understanding of graphic compression tools and their use required; prior experience with FTP required • Understand principles of composition and layout
• Strong familiarity with UX and customer experience design
• Strong familiarity with customer mapping and personas
Develops solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
Participates in determining objectives of assignment. Plans schedules and arranges own activities in accomplishing objectives.
Exerts some influence on the overall objectives of the function. Erroneous decisions may cause delays in program schedules and may result in allocation of additional resources and may impact the operations of the function. Deliver innovative and quality work to meet client and internal function goals.
Frequent interaction with internal marketing, program or department leadership including executive leadership; Frequent interaction with clients, business partners, media and trade organizations.
6-8+ years of relevant experience Bachelor’s degree preferred
Direct to consumer and agency experience preferred.