GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
The Marketing Insights & Planning Specialist executes and coordinates tasks related to the development and implementation of Visitor Lifecycle Management (VLM) marketing automation platform, which automates custom content delivery throughout the agency’s marketing channels.
This position assists with building, monitoring, and analyzing the agency’s seasonal advertising campaigns within the platform, gathers and ensures quality control on various forms of data, and assembles performance results. Additionally, this role acts as a content liaison and tracks a variety of data points on advertising campaigns.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/MAJOR DUTIES
* Supports the development and implementation of the VLM program and marketing automation platform by serving as agency Marketo lead and coordinating daily activities within the platform.
* Develops logic flows, tracks, and reports on VLM key performance indicators (KPIs), and supports accurate data imports.
* Coordinates lifecycle marketing campaigns for upcoming emails, ensuring messaging, design considerations, audience segmentation, testing plans, and email marketing best practices are aligned and executed. Collaborates with the Insights & Planning Analyst and Integrated Marketing content team to select/compose content and track/oversee the delivery of all necessary assets and ensure all content is accurate, updated, and aligned with brand voice.
* Executes marketing campaigns that focus on maximizing subscriber retention through lead nurturing. Tasks include audience segmentation, rule building, collaboration with the Brand Manager for content selection and development, program maintenance, launch timing, and performance evaluation to aid in monitoring and reporting on campaign results.
* Utilizes Marketo’s web personalization tool to build and monitor modals and personalized content slots on traveloregon.com to assist with subscriber acquisition goals
* Establishes and documents marketing processes to ensure best-in-class execution. Assists with maintenance of the VLM program database fields and data mapping document. Maintains a thorough understanding of system structure and table relations.
* Support the creation of dashboards in the business intelligence platform by coordinating data assets, preparing data for entry and monitoring data flow into marketing KPI dashboards. Troubleshoots data flow issues and recognizes data anomalies. Identify improved methods of data collection wherever possible/relevant.
* Works with Insights & Planning Manager and partner agencies to compile results from seasonal marketing campaigns. Maps VLM strategies to campaign goals build tracking pixels for third-party attribution partners (ie, Arrivalist, Adara) and media partners for advertising retargeting strategies. Monitors and compiles raw data for building recap presentations, including Universal Tracking Measure (UTM) codes with vendors. Maintains industry benchmarks across applicable marketing metrics.
* Participate in studio/team, department, and All Staff meetings, planning meetings (i.e., strategic/department/program/work/objectives), and agency initiatives to support efficiency, effectiveness, and innovation. Elevate/solve issues, support solutions, and support the maintenance of ongoing processes.
* Publish assorted monthly newsletter stories on the website via WordPress. (Copy and images provided by an outside agency)
* Assists with lead management by maintaining/analyzing data; prepares leads for entry into marketing flows and ensures consistency and quality control measures are applied to comply with parameters/requirements related to opt-in requirements.
Work performed by this position receives minimal supervision. It involves recurring work situations with occasional variations from the norm; determining practices and procedures as well as contributing to the development of new concepts, and is moderately complex. Complexity is derived from the need for unique solutions within the marketing automation platform to ordinary and extraordinary marketing problems/objectives. Decisions are made within prescribed operating guidelines. Typical decisions include email deployments, content layout, marketing objectives, and feasibility. The incumbent is not accountable for budget preparation or compliance or long-range operational or strategic planning. Mistakes and errors in work could impact brand credibility and visitation to Oregon. Records maintained by this role include monthly newsletters, modal, and ad-hoc reporting.
EDUCATION, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
* A Bachelor's degree, ideally with a marketing, business analytics, data science, or similar focus -OR any combination of education/coursework/training and work experience necessary to meet position requirements.
* A minimum of two (2) years’ experience with marketing automation platform Marketo completing tasks such as segmenting lists, building email templates, and ensuring inbox delivery.
* A minimum of two (2) years’ experience/exposure to brand marketing and marketing plan development.
* A minimum of one year of experience working experience with MS Office Suite, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Google Search Console, etc., and a minimum of one year of experience with HTML and CSS. TO JD IP Specialist
* Marketo Engage Business Practitioner certification.
* Experience working with business intelligence tools like Tableau, Domo, Birst, etc.
* Working understanding of database architecture and queries.
* Experience drafting copy with strong proficiency.