52 Limited is a digital staffing agency with an industry-leading focus on the creative + technology space. We exclusively place tech and creative talent in direct-hire, contract-to-hire, and contract roles with our clients in Portland, Seattle, Austin, and San Francisco.
We are looking for a Global Newsroom Producer Operations Manager for a full time contract-to-hire, on-site or remote role with a sportswear industry client in New York, New York.
Scope: Oversight of Editorial and ‘Always-On’ Content Production Process across the Global Newsroom Network
- Create and maintain centralized global production schedule for editorial and ‘always-on’ content being created across The Key City Newsrooms within: NAM, EUR (LDN, PAR), Moscow, Tokyo, LAM (MX, BR) – Focus on NAM & EUR
- Facilitate pre-production meetings for priority projects and global ‘episodic’ concepts/pilots
- Upskill and educate Newsroom teams on production processes & guidelines including client’s internal processes & policies related to campaign creation & production
- Oversee the editorial and ‘always-on’ content production roster, ensuring the portfolio of partners matches the needs for the year ahead, tracking utilization to continue and opportunities to optimize or innovate
o White Label Media Publishers
o Content Licensing Vendors (ie Getty, and potentially new solutions)
o Key City Creators
- Partner with procurement to ensure payment solution for creators is rolled out and implemented
- Serve as point person for negotiating extended usage for Newsroom created content
- Oversee production structure and global newsroom process
- Maintain resource briefing platform for EP to review & distribute new briefs
- Oversight of Production Planner, production timelines and seasonal calendars to assist with forecasting of upcoming work and resource planning.
- Owner of digesting, assessing and distributing client updates across the production team
- Development of a freelance pool of producers when additional resource is needed
- Align and roll-out process changes with Client’s Ops team. Identify pain points and find valuable solutions
- Onboarding process for new starters and refreshers on Production Guidelines
- Recruitment, creation/management of Freelance pool
- Oversee process of requesting budget approvals, purchase order requests for EU and NAM productions across all categories alongside production assistants
- Main point of contact for procurement supplier queries and payment terms
- Main point of contact for controlling teams within global newsroom department
- Main point of contact for client management for cost approval process
- Process advance and urgent payment requests
- Track finances accordingly
- Firm understanding of how a new or improved process can be rolled out for it to gain traction and be successful
- The ability to establish a local producer roster
- Client facing experience is critical
- 3-5 years of experience working in Production Operations or related field
- Understanding of the end-to-end process of managing productions within an agency or client (Creative Review, Pre-production, Shoots, Post-production)
- Understanding of APA guidelines, PIBS, Insurance / Wrap policies, Business Affairs, Licensing /usage rights
- Proficiency working with Office 365 (SharePoint, Excel)
- Ability to remain calm while managing deadlines, organizing and multi-tasking a variety of details in ever changing situations with a diplomatic and problem-solving attitude.
- Relentless drive and commitment. Believes the impossible is possible.
- Embrace core values as it will be a deal breaker if you are unable to practice diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Collaborative. Able to partner with internal and external teams of all professional levels / experience.