52 Limited is a digital staffing agency with an industry-leading focus on the creative + technology space. We exclusively place tech and creative talent in direct-hire, contract-to-hire, and contract roles with our clients in Portland, Seattle, Texas, and California.
We’re looking for a Director of Marketing for a healthcare client based in Portland, OR. This role is fully remote and candidates must reside in these states (7-state footprint: CA, OR, WA, TX, MT, AK, and NM) or be willing to relocate.
The Director of Marketing is responsible for the creation and implementation of the overarching strategy for this client’s marketing department as well as the operational implementation and leadership of the team. This includes but is not limited to:
Assigning work to team members, developing growth pathways for future and existing caregivers, coaching and mentoring the team and employing a variety of strategies to grow the knowledge and ability of the marketing department to support the growth and expansion of the brand and overarching organization mission, employee performance reviews, management and training, and administrative assistance and programmatic initiatives in collaboration with recruitment leadership to build the candidate pipeline. In addition to direct management responsibilities, the director is also responsible for delivering business value
through effective partnerships with recruitment, outreach, technology, agency and other vendors, executive leadership and the training team, as well as creating and managing a $5.4M annual marketing budget. The director will create strategies and initiatives that impact recruitment and pipeline development of providers and executive recruitments for the group clientele.
These strategies include but are not limited to:
Shifting and maintaining the brand to keep it relevant in the marketplace, creating new content and functionality for the client’s website, developing and implementing strategies for the individual programs of media, social, email, digital, consumer research, editorial content and funnel strategy.
Providing leadership, coaching, strategic direction, work assignments, facilitation, communication, project/program structure/plans, and technical expertise.
These responsibilities span the client’s facilities and external health system and/or medical group clients with whom the client contracts.
Director shall perform all duties in a manner that promotes the department's success and reflects organizational mission, philosophy, and core values of respect, compassion, justice, excellence and stewardship.
Provide leadership and strategic direction for the entire marketing department.
Oversee the manager/supervisor of content and their direct reports as well as the programs and direct reports for channel development, funnel strategy, research, digital and social marketing, search and website content and design, job board and email strategy, and paid media strategy.
Provide leadership, coaching, and mentoring to marketing department staff, setting clear objectives, ensuring the effective use of tools and methodologies, measuring and monitoring progress and results, and fostering a positive team-oriented environment.
Own the strategy development of the client’s brand and marketing strategy to increase brand awareness in both existing and new markets as well as improve provider awareness of job opportunities across the country.
Lead the creation and development of the integrated brand marketing plan, including the communication objectives, the organizing concept that brings critical elements of the plan together, and the marketing channel mix.
Lead the execution of a marketing calendar and specific marketing campaigns and tactics.
Demonstrate executive presence and ability to present marketing strategies and results to the department as well as C-suite stakeholders.
Create and implement a multi-channel performance marketing capability to engage and connect with providers and health systems.
Create and manage insights-driven creative and marketing briefs, and lead brand campaign launches and activations.
Create and drive the approach and process to guarantee high impact and effective speed to market for all campaigns and marketing content.
Lead the creation and development of programs, positioning, and consumer research to measure the effectiveness of campaigns, brand health, and brand sentiment.
Lead our internal creative and content department, performance marketing team, as well as collaboration with our public relations and events team to develop engaging storytelling and creative assets across the marketing mix, including paid, owned, and earned media channels.
Identify and implement clear audience strategies to evolve and grow our customer base.
Analyze and scale insights and research capabilities to develop a robust understanding of consumer behavior.
Build and lead the marketing team to disrupt the marketplace for physician recruitment.
Understand key marketing performance metrics and tracking tools to provide market research, forecasts, competitive analyses, campaign results, and consumer trends in order to translate results into actionable insights for the marketing team.
Create and maintain the department marketing budget.
10 years of experience in progressively responsible roles with demonstrated experience in brands, marketing and like minded functions as well as experience developing programs to drive traffic online through multiple channels.
Experience leading multiple channels of marketing, communications, digital, social, channel development, and events.
Experience consulting with front line leaders and c-suite executives on complex initiatives, market trends, business challenges, processes, accountabilities and service levels.
8 years of leadership experience (leading teams, projects, and programs
Master’s degree preferred
Job specific knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Ability to evaluate, develop, and manage employees in a way that motivates them to grow and be their best.
• Strong interpersonal and conversational acumen and writing skills.
• Proven aptitude with multiple software and/or web-based recruiting applications, tools and systems.
• Process improvement and project management.
• Strong data and analytical skills.
• Presentation creation and facilitation.
• Ability to interface and develop effective internal and external partnerships, and learning communities.
• Ability to work on multiple projects while managing deadlines and frequent interruptions/competing priorities.
• Excellent communication, influencing, and negotiation skills.
• Work independently and deliver results utilizing strong critical thinking skills and work ethic.
• Demonstrated skills in project plan design and implementation; directing projects, coordinating the work of operational teams, and managing project budgets.
• Proven ability to achieve business results and show results through data and metrics.
• Ability to apply consultative skills to achieve positive account management experiences and effective resourcing needs and solutions.
• Ability to understand the development of recruitment and/or projects plans and solutions strategy plans to build talent pipelines, solutions and services to meet the needs of end users and the business.
• Proven success utilizing a variety of methods to solve various business challenges in collaboration with other depts.
• Possible areas of expertise would be leadership, research, residency/fellowship outreach, multiple marketing channels use to improve visibility of brand and positions, pro-forma requests for FTE or vendor capital, marketing techniques or problem solving strategies to assist in sourcing candidates/leads using networking, social media, national conference representation, and tools. And developing programs or processes such as email and drip marketing, employee referrals, and diversity, military and professional outreach.
• Proficient in Marketing tools, technology, agency use and channels.
• Ability to analyze information, evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Ability to effectively build relationships with customers, executive management, and other stakeholders through positive interaction and problem identification and resolution. • Ability to represent the company with external customers/clients.
• Ability to prioritize responsibilities and to organize workload to ensure that timeframes are met and the work is successfully completed within deadlines.