52 Limited is a digital staffing agency with an industry-leading focus on the creative + technology space. We exclusively place tech and creative talent in direct-hire, contract-to-hire, and contract roles with our clients in Portland, Seattle, and San Francisco.
Salary range: $120,000 to $130,000
Systems Engineer Senior
This position is responsible for the high-level configuration, design, and integration of the organization’s line of business software in support of company goals and customer requirements.
* Designs, builds, and maintains the software platform including build, test, and production environments used to deliver software solutions and monitor performance. Leads technical execution, ensuring solution code and deployment methodologies meet architectural standards.
* Mentors system engineers and analysts to effectively translate business requirements into robust, maintainable solutions. Defines testing and deployment standards and directs implementation plans in support of new system and process initiatives. May direct work of administrators, system engineers, and analysts to achieve objectives.
* Operates as subject matter expert expertise for troubleshooting overall system performance, with competency to analyze interactions and configurations across infrastructure, platform, environment, and application layers. Emphasizes root-cause analysis, and effectively discerns near and long-term fixes, considering business impact, cost, and solution lifecycle.
* Researches emerging industry trends and interprets applicability and value to the organization. Responsible for defining and auditing software design software patterns & standards, and trains team members in adoption and practice.
* Defines and continuously improves work execution processes and methodologies and works closely with IT Leadership to identify and implement process improvements.
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Software Design, Computer Information Systems or another related field of study with a minimum of 6+ years of experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Full-stack software programming expertise, with experience conceiving and creating fully custom applications, leveraging modern architectural and design patterns.
* Must have expert knowledge of operating systems, databases, scripting, client-server, data communications, and network technologies.
* Must have excellent analytical and technical skills along with strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to translate business needs into solutions and provide multiple options, assessing risks/mitigation, while staying unbiased toward any specific technology or vendor and for being more interested in results than personal preferences.
* Solid track record for thinking about more than technology issues, and for integrating the technology with the business and information aspects for complete solutions.
* Must demonstrate strong business domain knowledge and the ability to understand the long-term (“big picture”) and short-term perspectives of situations.
* Preferred experience with one of the following business process areas: customer service, sales, product engineering, product visualization, manufacturing, warehousing, and logistics business processes.
* Demonstrated success in design and build of engaging user experience for the web.
* Experienced in support, enhancement, and integration of Content Management Systems as part of a comprehensive e-commerce web strategy.
* Experience in product configuration and visualization tools.