Sr. Software Engineer (AI, Machine Learning, Data Science)
52 Limited is a digital resource company connecting creative + technology talent with leading brands, marketing and engineering departments, start-ups, design firms, advertising and interactive agencies. We began as Portland's only locally-owned creative staffing agency and now serve some of the world's most recognizable and forward-thinking companies in Portland, Seattle and San Francisco.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for guiding key technical decisions and proposing and evaluating system designs.
The work will be hands-on and strategic, you will lead the creation of many components.
You will also help define standard methodologies for the Caravel engineering team including workflows, code reviews, documentation, implementation and planning.
As a member of our small but mighty team you will collaborate with the design and business teams to craft business cases and then experiment, iterate, and implement.
Major Responsibilities/Primary Functions
● Partner with the CEO and VP of Engineering to develop the technical strategy and design the architecture of the Caravel MVP
● Collaborate with product team in roadmap planning
● Conduct research, contribute to concepts, and build functional prototypes
● Write production-ready code
● Stay informed on the latest research in technologyQualifications, Distinguishing Characteristics, and Special Requirements
● Excellent communication skills
● 6+ years of software engineering experience
● A passion to learn and work in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Data Science, and Natural Language Processing
● Proficiency with cloud computing services such as AWSCaravel Senior Software Engineer
● Proficiency in two or more of the following programming languages
● Experience with GraphQL and Shopify
● Experience working with with distributed systems and micro service architectures
● Fluent knowledge of design patterns, data structures and algorithms
● A strong understanding of test-driven development
● High standards for work quality
● A willingness to share skills, knowledge and expertise
● Comfortable working in a dynamic, collaborative environment
● Good with data and infrastructure
● Confident when presented with a challengeBenefits
● Startup environment where you’ll have a material impact on the product and company.
● A positive, balanced work life.
● Full benefits including medical, dental and vision
● Paid holidays and vacation
Client is seeking to interview and hire immediately.
Target salary range is $115,000 to $130,000 annually with equity and benefits.