52 Limited is a digital staffing agency with industry-leading focus on the creative + technology space. We exclusively place tech and creative talent in direct hire, contract-to-hire and contract roles with our clients in Portland, Seattle and San Francisco.
Machine Learning Engineer
We're looking for a full-time software developer to join our new Portland-based AI and Machine Learning team. We're bringing together a small, focused group of people to create a self-improving platform where anyone can create their own app---without writing a single line of code. The role involves working on high-risk, high-reward engineering problems and having the opportunity to take your ideas from prototype to production. You'll work on problems that cut across areas like machine learning, human-computer interaction, databases, compilers, and programming languages, and be a foundational member of a new team.
Here's a sample of the types of problems you'll be working on:
- Extract common patterns from existing apps and suggest them to new app creators
- Create an interface for designing apps using informal, natural language
- Allow users to create their own custom machine learning models (without coding!)
- At least 3 years of software engineering experience
- Experience working with machine learning and artificial intelligence - you should be familiar with standard experimental setups and common techniques
- Excellent communication skills - you should be able to concisely explain your work to engineers, the sales team, and our customers
- Ability to deal with uncertainty and to rapidly experiment with new ideas
- Deep knowledge in an area of computer science, for example: machine learning, compilers, programming languages, natural language processing, computer vision, or human-computer interaction
Our client is a leader in no-code app development. Anyone can build a custom app starting from their own data in the cloud (including Google Sheets, Dropbox, and Excel). We’ve taken every part of the app development process and made it so an order of magnitude more people can build apps at a fraction of the cost. Behind the scenes, the platform is built on top of an advanced distributed database system, runs seamlessly across platforms, and integrates with a host of other technology. The vision of the AI team is to leverage the millions of apps people have built on the platform and make the app creation process even easier and more accessible to the billions of potential app creators out there.
What is it like to work with our client ?
- Collaborative Ownership - You'll be trusted to own a part of the product and make decisions to achieve the company's long-term vision of intelligent app creation.
- Supportive Environment - We don't hire jerks. Our goal is to make our company a fun, fair, and exciting place to work.
- Engagement with Customers - Every employee from interns to our CEO has direct interaction with customers around the world on a consistent basis.
- Freedom and Flexibility - We treat adults like adults. Flexible work hours accommodates different lifestyles.
- Continuous Learning - You'll have the opportunity to work on every part of the stack, from implementing machine learning algorithms to working on user interfaces.
What are the perks?
- Centrally located in downtown Portland
- Flexible work environment
- Generous vacation and sick day policy
- Health care + dental + vision coverage
- Choice of gym membership
- Commuting and parking reimbursement