52 Limited is a digital staffing agency with an industry-leading focus on the creative + technology space. We exclusively place tech and creative talent in direct-hire, contract-to-hire and contract roles with our clients in Portland, Seattle, and San Francisco.
Direct Hire in Tualatin/Tigard area - 100% on-site
Salary range $70,000 to $80,000 DOE
Our client is a profitable, fast-growing, private equity-backed, 20-year old company that provides enterprise-class fleet automation software and software-as-a-service (SaaS) to a variety of industries. Based in the Portland, Oregon metro area, they are a leading provider of offerings that automate fleet workflows that lead to extraordinary gains in productivity and profitability. In this role, you can make a significant impact within a dynamic, team-centric culture that appreciates innovation, initiative, and creative problem-solving. Our client provides a casual yet professional work environment designed to bring the best out of each member of our team.
The Accounting Manager will plan, organize, direct, implement and control the accounting and payroll functions of the company, report on financial operations, and prepare financial statements. The person in this position will play a key role in helping the company achieve its growth and profitability objectives by addressing, documenting, and implementing new policies and processes to ensure the correct accounting and controls are in place to result in sound financial performance. This position offers internal growth potential as well as professional development within a fast-growing entrepreneurial company.
• Responsible for compliance with GAAP in the execution of all general accounting functions of the company, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger, fixed assets, and all other accounting and corporate records.
• Oversight of payroll functions and coordination of payroll and HR functions with outside payroll and benefits providers.
• Develop, document, maintain, and continuously improve standard accounting processes and procedures that result in efficient and effective close processes.
• Timely close of monthly financial results, including process controls and financial reporting and analysis.
• Oversees preparation of various statutory tax returns such as property tax returns, business tax reports for multiple jurisdictions, various other compliance reports.
• Coordinates with the company’s accountants for the preparation of income tax returns.
• Gathers and prepares information for corporate insurance renewals, responds to requests for information in insurance audits, obtains certificates of insurance as needed.
• Manages Staff Accountants, provides regular feedback and performance reviews.
• Supports the management team as needed.
The preceding position description is intended only to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by an incumbent employee in this position. It is not intended to be construed either as an employment contract or as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of persons so classified or assigned.
• Thorough knowledge of accounting processes and procedures.
• Handles confidential and sensitive information and records with a high degree of discretion, diligence and good judgment.
• Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills. Listens effectively, transmits information accurately and understandably, and actively seeks feedback.
• Well-organized, self-directed team player. Remains open to others’ ideas, exhibits willingness to try new things, continuously strives for process improvement.
• Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
• Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
• Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
• Maintains a sense of ownership and pride in performance and its impact on the company’s success.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business, or a minor in business, accounting or finance with relevant experience.
• 3 to 5 years of accounting experience in established middle-market companies.
• 2 years of supervisory experience
• Payroll experience
• Strong mathematical and analytical skills
• Experience in multiple currency transactions, transfer pricing, inter-company transactions, and financial statement consolidations.
• Experience with sales tax calculations and filing in multiple jurisdictions.
• Experience with Salesforce CRM.
• Experience with Sage Intacct.
• Software industry experience