52 Limited is a digital staffing agency with industry-leading focus on the creative + technology space. We exclusively place tech and creative talent in direct hire, contract-to-hire and contract roles with our clients in Portland, Seattle, and San Francisco.
We are hiring an experienced Managing Director for a leading international provider of cutting-edge event/media tech, scenic design, and room-in-room solutions. If you are a natural leader, with deep management skills and the ability to run a profitable P&L while working in a fast paced environment then this could be the right fit for you!
The Managing Director is responsible for leading the local management team, overseeing relationships with clients and developing a strategic plan to actively develop business opportunities with existing and new clients. You will manage the Profit & Loss statements of the US offices based on progress of business, ensuring delivery of profitability in partnership with the other offices. You will ensure efficient operations of the branches including collaborating with the management team on operational process, facility management and organizational development.
* 10+ years of experience working in experiential marketing, events, and/or retail environments
* 3 – 5 years of experience as a General Manager, Managing Director or equivalent
* 5 – 8 years of business development experience
* A strong understanding of the creative process, fabrication and/or technical innovation
* Exemplary business management skills with a strong understanding of budgeting, estimating, and profitability
* Proven ability to provide a clear company vision and lead a team to bring the vision to life
* Possess a love of and understanding of different cultures and strong ability to work with different cultures
Day to Day
* Provide direction, management, guidance and encourages cooperation between team members
* Build and nurture relationships with key decision makers
* Work with client services team and VP of Client Services to develop goals and strategic approaches for each client
* Work closely with finance team, CFO and NYC MD to create budgets and forecasts
* Actively manage the P&L for the US branches
* Participate in global leadership meetings and work with European counterparts to build continuity between the US and European branches and best practices
* Celebrate team members’ diverse talents and competencies
* Work closely with the VP of Client Services to identify long term opportunities within target industries, services and clients
* Qualify and advise on strategy for new client requests for RFQ and RFI
Full details will be shared with qualified job applicants. Get in touch!